Today has been full of fun surprises, not the least of which is being nominated for the One Lovely Blog award! I was nominated by Feliz at This is Feliz. Her blog is full of helpful makeup reviews and her various adventures. She’s also a sweetheart and checking out the blog would definitely worth your time. Thanks again!
The rules are as follows:
- Thank the person that nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
- post about the award
- share seven facts about yourself
- nominate other people (15 at most)
- Tell your nominees the good news
I guess I need to come up with some interesting facts about myself.
- I love to crochet and I have a deep appreciation for yarn. There are few things I enjoy more than creating something for a friend. It gives me an excuse to buy more yarn! I also have an etsy.
- I work in special education. I love my work kids just as much as I love my own son. It can be very overwhelming at times, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything.
- Speaking of special ed., I have a 12 year old autistic son. It’s been a ride but he’s becoming an amazing young man and I’m incredibly proud of him. (and me!)
- I used to write fan fiction. I was heavy into the X-men and Bleach fandoms for years. My stories are still online somewhere, but you’ve gotta find them.
- I’m a nerd and I’m proud of it. My husband have spent many an evening laughing at stupid jokes about language or string theory or Marxist thought. Intelligent conversation rocks my socks.
- I’d like to be a sex therapist/educator one day. Proper sexual education is so needed in our world and I want to be part of the solution. I’m working on a BA in sociology and taking steps down that path. I’m a big proponent for education, if you can’t tell.
- I’m way friendlier that people think. People tend to think that I’ve got a bad attitude most of the time, but I’m really just an introvert. At least give me a chance to drive you away before passing judgment.
Choosing other nominees is kinda hard for me. I’m gonna try to nominate people that haven’t been recipients yet. Plus, I’m relatively new in the blogosphere and I don’t know many other bloggers yet. Here are a few that I read and enjoy regularly.